A telephone service, which provides free 24/7 nurse advice and general health information for Albertans.
Health Link provides a number of clinical services including tele-triage and health advice, navigation services and online content support for all Albertans by calling 811 or by using one of its companion web products, MyHealth.Alberta.ca or informAlberta.ca.
The specific services include:
- symptom-based nurse triage and health information
- system navigation
- dementia advice service (a dementia nurse can do an in-depth assessment, provide advice, and connect caller with resources and supports in their community)
- catch-a-break osteoporosis screening
- AlbertaQuits Tobacco Helpline
- addictions information and referral
- central access to specialized services
- referrals to clinical services including specialized medication advice and dietitian services