Address: 411 N Railway St, Medicine Hat, AB T1A 2Z3
Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. by appointment only; 1 – 4 p.m. drop-ins welcome
Gender-neutral washrooms in the drop-in space.
SafeLink Alberta is an organization that works to reduce the risks associated with sexual activity and substance use. We serve and advocate for priority populations in Calgary and southern Alberta by providing education, non-judgemental services, and harm reduction programming.
Since 1983, we have been committed to supporting those affected by HIV, hepatitis C, and other sexually transmitted and blood-borne infections.
Regardless of circumstance, we recognize that each individual is a person first and that all people have a right to equitable health care and support. We do not make light of heavy burdens; rather, we make those burdens lighter by helping to carry those of the people we serve.
The following support services are provided for our priority populations at our Medicine Hat office:
- Safer consumption supplies
- Safer sex supplies
- Naloxone kits
- Basic food and hygiene supplies
- Information and referrals
- Advocacy to address barriers to service
- Peer support (individual level) for people who use substances
- Comprehensive and individualized support services
- Engage clients in the development of a service plan
- Provide emotional support, crisis intervention, and education
- Coordinate a network of services on behalf of clients by bridging communication gaps between clients and service providers, attending and/or arranging case conferences, and accompanying clients to appointments as appropriate.
- Referrals and facilitation of access to treatment and recovery programs
- Our team can be found throughout the downtown core several days a week providing harm reduction supplies and supports
- Needle debris clean up and response
Check our website Safelinkalberta.ca for free training