The Alberta’s Virtual Opioid Dependency Program provides methadone or Suboxone® maintenance treatment in an outpatient setting to people dependent on opioids and helps them access services they need to live healthy lives. Patients are stabilized on methadone or suboxone under close medical supervision and evaluation of response to medication.
When they are properly prescribed and dispensed, a person on either medication is able to function normally with no drowsiness and no withdrawal symptoms. When taken as prescribed, both methadone and suboxone are safe medications and can be taken over a long term.
Services available may include:
- ongoing support and monitoring (e.g. prescription management, medical follow up, urine testing, counselling and treatment planning)
- health, safety and risk reduction teaching and management
- source of information and expertise for community stakeholders on Opioid Agonist Treatment and suboxone
- links to community pharmacists
- links to other addictions treatment services
- links to other social and health support systems
- hepatitis and HIV screening
Services are voluntary and confidential.
For more information, visit our website
If you are moving to Alberta and cannot access the toll free phone line, please call 403-783-7688.
VODP Referral Form
207 KB, pdf
281 KB, pdf
Opioid Use Disorder Friends and Family_lkd
452 KB, pdf