The Alberta Healthy Living Program provides specialty care/clinics in the following areas:
- Asthma / COPD Specialty Clinic: Individuals and families of all ages will work with a Respiratory Therapist to work on better managing asthma or Congestive Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Assessment, treatment and follow up is offered in individual appointments.
- Diabetes Specialty Clinic: Provides one to one assessment and follow up for those living with Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes and / or Diabetes in pregnancy to individuals and families of all ages. Diabetes specialty also provides support and services to those requiring insulin pump therapy. Endocrine clinics with an internist or endocrinologist are available to pediatric patients, pregnancy patients and those interested in insulin pump therapy.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program: Provides education, individual assessment, and follow up to those who have been impacted with various cardiac conditions. Patients along with their support people are also welcome to attend the 2 part Heart CHEC class and join the Supervised Exercise program.
- Heart Function Specialty Clinic: (HFC) a comprehensive, multidisciplinary specialty clinic that supports patients with moderate and high risk heart failure. A physician referral is required and patients will be seen in for ongoing heart failure care in a team based care.
- Outpatient Nutrition Counselling: Work with a Registered Dietitian to improve eating habits and address nutritional needs. Please see Nutrition Counselling for information.
- Bariatric Specialty Clinic: This clinic provides medical, psychological and surgical interventions for weight management. See the Bariatric Specialty Clinic.
For more information please visit the Alberta Healthy Living website.
Alberta Healthy Living Program Chronic Disease Referral Form
141 KB, pdf