Offers free services to children, youth and families. Services are offered in individual, family and group settings. Located in the Provincial Building in Medicine Hat – Room 1, 346 3 St SE, Medicine Hat, AB
- Addiction prevention and mental health promotion including information, education and community collaboration
- Protection against Children Abusing Drugs Act Program (PChAD)
- The PAS Program is a 6 week coordinated academic and therapeutic program for youth in grades 7 to 12. Referrals are completed through school administrators and may be initiated by the parent/guardian
- School-based services whish are completed in the child’s school setting. Referrals are made through school staff and may be initiated by the parent/guardian
- Tobacco information, education and cessation including support groups
Services can be accessed by calling 403-529-3582 – option 1 or walking in during the following hours:
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays from 8:00am-4:30pm
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8:00am-7:15pm.
The AHS Provincial Mental Health Promotion & Illness Prevention Team is pleased to announce the release of the Teen Self-Management for Depression & Anxiety Booklet. This booklet provides evidence-based information and age-appropriate activities (youth ages 13-18) which service providers, parents or caregivers, and youth can use to help manage depression and anxiety as well as support positive mental health and resilience.
In cases of emergency/crisis, please visit the emergency department at the Medicine Hat Regional Hospital, or call HealthLink at 811.
Addictions and Mental Health Child and Youth Brochure
172 KB, pdf
Teen Self-Management for Depression and Anxiety Booklet
1,007 KB, pdf