For adult patients of the ages 19 – 64, Alberta Health covers medically necessary optometric services.
What is considered medically necessary?
- Monitoring for diabetes issues, glaucoma and retinal disease
- Pre and post-operative care for cataract patients
- Eye infections or injuries
- Foreign objects in the eye
- Sudden appearance of floaters, spots, or flashes of light
- Sudden changes in vision or acute pain in the eye
Other visual disturbances may be covered… ask your optometrist!
To find an optometrist please visit their website