The Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) provides a monthly non-taxable benefit to Old Age Security (OAS) recipients who have a low income and are living in Canada.
You qualify for the Guaranteed Income Supplement if you meet all of the following conditions:
- you are 65 or older
- you live in Canada
- you get the Old Age Security (OAS) pension
- your income is below $20,832 if you are single, widowed, or divorced
- your income plus the income of your spouse/common-law partner is below: $27,552 if your spouse/common-law partner receives the full OAS pension
- $49,920 if your spouse/common-law partner does not receive an OAS pension
- $38,592 if your spouse/common-law partner receives the Allowance
You must apply in writing for the GIS. Complete and mail the Application for the Guaranteed Income Supplement (ISP-3025) for the payment year that applies to you and include certified true copies of the required documentation.
Click here to access Application Form and Instructions